You may be asking yourself "why on earth would I cook something on a slab of salt?" Well, here are 2 reasons why:
- It doesn't make your food salty
- Salt blocks supply even heat, so your meat or veggies cook evenly and the bonus....it stays juicy.
Just a sprinkle of Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme spice rub and you are off to the delicious races. That's really how easy this recipe is. Swear! Not sure where to buy salt blocks for cooking this way? Here's a link to Amazon: CLICK HERE
SALT BLOCK GRILLED SALMON
1 side salmon fillet
2-3 tablespoons Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme spice rub
Fresh parsley, minced
- Place the salt block on a grill rack. Heat to medium-high.
- Place the salmon on the block and sprinkle with Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme spice rub.
- Close the grill and cook 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature in the thickest part is 145º F. Carefully remove the salmon from the block to a serving platter and enjoy.
- Allow the block to cool completely before cleaning per manufacturer instructions.