Can we just talk for a minute about how excited we are about "Grilling Season" fast approaching? In the Pacific Northwest we tend to roll our grills into the storage shed for the winter months because it's so dang cold. But, Mother Nature has been playing nice. The tulips are starting to bust through the soil and it's time to dust off the 'que and get it fired up again. First on the list....Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Lollipops.
To make "lollipops" you simply French chicken drumsticks. Sounds scary and super culinary, but it's quite simple. Here's how:
Use a sharp knife and cut off the knuckle end of the drumstick (where the wing was connected). Grip the bone tightly and push the meat and skin down toward the meaty end of the drumstick to create a knob. BOOM....you're done. Repeat with the remaining drumsticks.
Easy....right? This sweet and spicy recipe for Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Lollipops uses 3 ingredients: Raspberry Chipotle, honey & chicken to create a delicious, eye-catching, BBQ'd chicken that your friends will think you spent eons creating.
RASPBERRY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
Makes 4-6 servings
- 4 lbs chicken drumsticks (fresh or thawed from frozen), Frenched
- 6 tablespoons Raspberry Chipotle Rub, divided
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle 2 tablespoons Raspberry Chipotle rub over the Frenched chicken drumsticks and toss to coat.
- Place on the hot grill. Turning every few minutes to prevent burning.
- In a small bowl add the remaining 4 tablespoons Raspberry Chipotle rub and 4 tablespoons honey. Stir to combine. Baste over the chicken lollipops for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Turning occasionally to prevent burning.
- Serve immediately.