If you have a jar of Raspberry Chipotle sitting around and you're thinking to yourself: "Self, what else can I do with this awesome jar of rub", well STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING and go buy some short ribs STAT! This recipe comes together quickly and then you let the oven do the heavy lifting. These Raspberry Chipotle Braised Short Ribs come out like butter and the gravy....OH. EM. GEE. Serve with a big spoon or some crusty bread because you are gonna want to sop up every last bit of this delicious braising liquid. Yes, it's really that good.
Are you drooling yet? I know I am. Serve these luscious beefy ribs with some mashed potatoes and you have dinner!
RASPBERRY CHIPOTLE BRAISED SHORT RIBS
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 3 large carrots, peel and cut into rounds
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Chipotle Spice Rub
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Granules
- 3 cups beef stock/broth
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Season short ribs on all sides with salt & pepper. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil and the short ribs. Brown on all sides until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Add onions, carrots and celery and saute until translucent and soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add flour and tomato paste and stir to combine. Saute until the vegetables are a deep red color, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in the wine and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 6-8 minutes. Add the Raspberry Chipotle spice rub and garlic granules, stirring to combine. Add short ribs and beef stock. Add to an oven proof baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 2 1/2 hours, until the ribs are tender. Serve over mashed potatoes, drizzling with the pan sauce. Serve immediately.