Valentine's Day is fast approaching and we think this quick margarita is just the ticket to make for your sweetie. We started by making a quick simple syrup using Hibiscus Flower Powder, sugar and water and heating it up until the sugar dissolved, then chilled. Rim a glass with Gold Sea Salt, pour in the prepared margarita and top with a lime wedge and a candied Hibiscus Flower. Super easy and really tasty. Get the recipe below the video.
Hibiscus Margarita with Gold Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hibiscus Flower Powder
- 4 OZ Silver Tequila
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- Lime wedges
- Gold Sea Salt (or other salt for rim)
- Candied Hibiscus Flowers (optional)
- In a small pot, add the water, sugar and hibiscus flower powder. Simmer over medium low until sugar has dissolved, do not boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add 4 ounces tequila, 3 ounces hibiscus simple syrup, 1/4 cup pomegranate juice and juice of 2 lime wedges. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Rim 2 glasses with gold salt and add a few cubes of ice. Pour the margarita over the ice and top with a candied hibiscus flower and a lime wedge and serve immediately.