Rubs are for grilling. Rubs are for smoking. Rubs are also for bread baking. It's true! With our super versatile blends, the sky is the limit on your culinary creativity. Take this Greek Freak Quick Bread recipe. Just a few ingredients and a hot oven and you're eating delicious bread in no time at all.
Other uses for Greek Freak include:
- Use to make marinara sauce with crushed tomatoes and tomato paste - 3 ingredients!
- Roll a pork tenderloin in Greek Freak and grill or bake. Top with crumbled feta cheese and fresh chopped oregano - Delicioso!
- Sprinkle into Minestrone soup. Skip chopping tons of herbs and just unscrew the jar and sprinkle some in. Easy!!
- Coat a steak in Greek Freak with a drizzle of olive oil and grill to perfection. You don't need that "montreal" stuff, Greek Freak has you covered.
When your ultra premium spice rubs and blends aren't packed with preservatives, fillers and other funky stuff, they open up a whole new world of possibilities in the kitchen or at the grill.
Greek Freak Quick Bread
Ingredients2 cups all purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
1 heaping tablespoon Greek Freak Spice Rub
1 packet active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon table salt)
3/4 cup warm tap water
2 teaspoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons for drizzling
cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Place a pizza stone or baking stone in the oven and preheat. You can also use a baking sheet.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the flour, Greek Freak, yeast, sugar and salt and pulse to combine. Add the olive oil to the water and with the processor running, add the water through the feed tube. Continue to process until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Sprinkle about a tablespoon of flour onto a board and remove the dough from the processor. Hand knead 10 times to form a smooth ball. Cover with a medium sized bowl and allow to rest 15 minutes. Remove the bowl and stretch and flatten the ball into a 12 inch disk.
- Spray the baking stone or baking sheet with cooking spray and quickly add the dough. Use your fingers to gently depress finger marks into the dough and drizzle with a little more olive oil and some cracked black pepper. Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the center is firm. Remove, slice and serve.