Curried Sweet Potato Soup
Ok friends. I will be 110% honest with you right here, right now. This soup is a game changer. The end. [drops mic]
Seriously...I made this recipe last year for our ebook and even my non-vegetable-eating friends were passing their bowls for seconds. There's something magical about the creamy sweet potato soup mixed with the briny jalapeños and the salt bacon. It's a bowl of heaven. Don't take me word for it, just make it immediately.
CURRIED SWEET POTATO SOUP
Makes 8 Servings
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 6-7 yams, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Tandoori Glory Rub
- 6 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus more for garnishing
- pickled jalapeños, for garnish
- Heat a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Add the yams and onion to the bacon fat and cook until the onions are translucent and tender, about 10 minutes. Add the Tandoori Glory rub, chicken stock and tomato paste and simmer about 30 minutes, until the yams are very soft and falling apart when pierced with a knife.
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender. Pour into a clean stock pot set over medium-low heat. Repeat with remaining soup. Add 1 cup heavy cream and stir to combine. Ladle into warm bowls and top with some of the bacon pieces, pickled jalapeños and a drizzle of heavy cream and serve immediately.