Chicken & Black Bean Quesadillas
Probably one of the easiest recipes on our blog, but seriously so delicious! I don't know about you but quesadillas are the quick go-to in my house when my family wants something tasty, crunchy and cheesy. For this recipe, you'll need to grill up some chicken with some Chile Margarita spice rub ahead of time and dice it up. I like using boneless, skinless chicken thighs because they stay juicer when you cook it the second time in the quesadilla. But, you could always use chicken breasts if that's how you roll.
I like to drizzle a little sriracha on my quesadillas but these would be equally epic with a side of sour cream and guacamole.
CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Chile Margarita Spice Rub
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Cilantro, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
- Heat the grill to high. Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the Chile Margarita spice rub. Grill 5-7 minutes per side. Remove and dice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add 1 tortilla. Top with cheese, beans, chicken and a tortilla. Cook until golden and crisp, about 3-4 minutes, flip carefully and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut quesadillas into quarters and drizzle with sriracha and chopped cilantro and serve immediately