We have some exciting news to share....we've partnered with one of the coolest tuna brands around - Safe Catch Tuna. Not only is it the safest tuna on the market, but it's now kicked up super tasty with Spiceologist spice rubs like Black Magic, Tandoori Glory and Chile Margarita (to name a few).
Don't get me wrong, I love regular tuna, but the flavored Elite Tuna is so bomb, you may never go back to plain tuna again.
We wanted to share Safe Catch tuna with you by giving you 2 awesome chances to win a variety 6 pack of the flavored Elite Tuna PLUS a Spiceologist 4 Pack. All you have to do is jump over to Instagram (links below) and enter. To get your taste buds poppin' we made a Cajun Tuna Benedict just for you. It was so delicious we had a line of Spiceologist peeps out the door waiting for a sample. Check out the recipe video then scroll down for the full recipe.
ENTER TO WIN - CLICK EACH BUTTON TO ENTER ON INSTAGRAM
Alright - let's get to this super easy recipe.
CAJUN TUNA BENEDICT
Makes 2 Servings
1 can Safe Catch Cajun Tuna
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons diced chives
1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 English muffins, split & toasted
Quick Hollandaise - Recipe Below
Fresh chives, minced
Aleppo Chile Flake
- In a food processor, add the tuna, mayonnaise, panko, lemon zest, and chives. Pulse to combine. Form into 4 patties, set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the avocado oil. Place the tuna patties in the hot skillet and fry for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Heat a pot of water to almost boiling. Add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Stir the vinegar water vigorously and slowly add the egg. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs. Turn off the heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Top the toasted English muffins with the 4 tuna patties, then an egg on each and drizzle with warm Cajun Hollandaise Sauce. Sprinkle with fresh minced chives and aleppo pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately.
Quick Cajun Hollandaise Sauce
4 egg yolks
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon Black Magic spice rub
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- Beat egg yolks, lemon juice and Black Magic spice rub in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth and creamy. Slowly stream melted butter into the egg yolk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Heat in microwave for 15-20 seconds, whisk and check for thickness and warmth. Heat again for another 10-15 seconds if needed. Serve immediately.
A little about Safe Catch
- Safe Catch tuna is the healthiest tuna on the planet!
- Safe Catch is the ONLY brand of canned tuna that tests every fish individually for mercury.
- Safe Catch tuna is Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Paleo certified, Whole30 approved.
- Safe Catch is wild, sustainably caught and fully traceable.